- Courts of the State of New York (1990).
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2002)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1990)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1992)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin (1992)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas (2001)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York (1992)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (1995)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., cum laude (1989)
- Wittenberg University, B.A. (1986)
Bill is a litigator with a practice that places a particular emphasis on matters involving commercial law, creditors’ rights and insolvency issues. He regularly represents secured and unsecured creditors in state and federal courts, and creditors, appointed fiduciaries, and debtors in bankruptcy courts. Bill’s clients are institutional lenders, sureties, trade creditors, appointed fiduciaries, individuals, and various business entities. A significant element of Bill’s practice is devoted to counseling business entities and their stakeholders on disputes regarding their contractual rights, and the rights or obligations of shareholders, members, officers, directors, partners, joint-venturers or agents.
Bill also has substantial experience representing municipalities and other governmental entities in a wide variety of contexts, both reducing their exposure to potential litigation and litigating on their behalf as necessary.
Bill is a member of the Monroe County Bar Association, serving on the Bankruptcy Committee, and is Secretary of the Upstate New York Turnaround Management Association.
Bill is a native Rochesterian who has practiced law in this community since returning from Albany Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the Albany Law Review and graduated, cum laude, in 1989.
He lives in Penfield with his wife and two children, and tries very hard to find time to justify his membership in the United States Triathlon Association. He has completed in more than a dozen triathlons.
Bill has served in leadership roles on the governing bodies of the Eastside Family YMCA, Faith Lutheran Church, and the South East Area Coalition. He has volunteered in the Penfield Little League and Penfield Rangers Youth Soccer Club, and was appointed as a member of the Penfield Central School District’s Committee to Study Classroom Size.