Paul joined the firm as an associate in the summer of 1998, became a partner in 2001, and served as the firm's managing partner from 2007 to 2014. He is a member of the litigation department and focuses his practice on personal injury litigation, health care law, professional licensing defense, and tax certiorari matters.
- New York State Bar (1992)
- U.S. Army Court of Military Review (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (1998)
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., 1992)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (B.S., magna cum laude, 1989)
- Monroe Community College (A.S., magna cum laude, 1986)
- New York State Bar Association, Veterans Committee (2011-2014)
- Monroe County Bar Association: Veterans Committee, Nominating Committee, Fee Arbitration Committee, Public Education Committee (1999-2001)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Association of the United States Army
- The American Legion
- National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Fairport-Perinton Chamber of Commerce
Paul is a parishioner with the St. John of Rochester church. He served on the Fairport Soccer Club's Board of Directors and as its Tournament Director of Operations and is a member of the Rochester Bicycling Club. Paul is involved with cancer patient advocacy through his service on the Wilmot Cancer Center’s Survivorship Advisory Council and Patient and Family Advocacy Council. He is also a certified Livestrong at the YMCA instructor at the Eastside YMCA in Penfield where he is a member of the Board of Directors and works with cancer survivors in their transition from treatment to a more active physical lifestyle.
Honors & Awards
- The Daily Record's Attorneys of the Year Leader In Law Award, 2014
Paul grew up in Pittsford, New York, where he graduated from Mendon High School in 1983. He entered the Army Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG) after his admission to the New York State Bar and served in a variety of legal assignments during his six-year tour on active duty. He served in the 82d Airborne Division and the 18th Airborne Corps at Fort Bragg, North Carolina and the U.S. Army Claims Service at Fort Meade, Maryland. He served as a JAG officer in the U.S Army Reserve, where he attained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and retired in 2013. He is currently assigned as the Staff Judge Advocate to the 98th Training Division.
Paul resides in Fairport with his wife Maria. In their spare time, the family enjoys boating, biking and skiing.