Bill brings an interdisciplinary approach to his business law practice, which includes both litigation and transactional matters, and places a particular emphasis on matters involving real estate, creditors' rights, and insolvency issues. Bill's clients are businesses entities, institutional lenders, contractors, sureties, trade creditors, appointed fiduciaries, and individuals. Bill's practice is devoted to counseling business entities and their stakeholders, helping them to negotiate and close commercial transactions, and to find effective resolutions to disputes regarding their contractual rights, and the rights or obligations of shareholders, members, officers, directors, partners, joint-venturers or agents. He regularly represents secured and unsecured creditors in state and federal courts, and creditors, appointed fiduciaries, and debtors in bankruptcy courts.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Selected to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list
- Designated as a "Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigator" for Upstate New York
- The Daily Record's Attorneys of the Year Leaders In Law Award, 2017
- New York State Bar (1990)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2002)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1990)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1992)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin (1992)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas (2001)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York (1992)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (1995)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., cum laude, 1989)
- Wittenberg University (B.A., 1986)
- Monroe County Bar Association
Bill is a currently a member of the Family Advisory Board for the Adolescent Behavioral Health Center at Golisano Children’s Hospital. He has served in leadership roles on the governing bodies of the Eastside Family YMCA, Faith Lutheran Church, the Boy Scouts of America, and the South East Area Coalition. He has volunteered in the Penfield Little League and Penfield Rangers Youth Soccer Club, and was appointed as a member of the Penfield Central School District’s Committee to Study Classroom Size.
Bill is a native Rochesterian who has practiced law in this community since returning from Albany Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the Albany Law Review and graduated, cum laude, in 1989. In 2017, he was recognized as a "Leader in Law" by The Daily Record's "Attorneys of the Year" awards. He has been repeatedly recognized as an Upstate New York "Super Lawyer", and in 2019 was recognized as one of Upstate New York's "Bet the Company Litigators".
Bill lives in Rochester and tries very hard to find time to justify his membership in the United States Triathlon Association. He has competed in over a dozen triathlons, and is training for the next one.