Bill brings an interdisciplinary approach to his business law practice, which includes both litigation and transactional matters, and places a particular emphasis on matters involving real estate, creditors' rights, and insolvency issues. His clients include:
- institutional lenders;
- trade creditors;
- appointed fiduciaries; and
Bill's practice is devoted to counseling businesses and their stakeholders in complex commercial matters. He helps clients find effective resolutions to disputes regarding their contractual rights, and the rights or obligations of shareholders, members, officers, directors, partners, joint-venturers or agents. He regularly represents secured and unsecured creditors in state and federal courts, as well as creditors, appointed fiduciaries, and debtors in bankruptcy courts. In non-adversarial settings, Bill negotiates and closes commercial transactions that further his clients' business success.
- New York State Bar (1990)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2002)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1990)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1992)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin (1992)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas (2001)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York (1992)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (1995)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., cum laude, 1989)
- Wittenberg University (B.A., 1986)
- Monroe County Bar Association
Bill has served in leadership roles on the governing bodies of the Eastside Family YMCA, Faith Lutheran Church, the Boy Scouts of America, and the South East Area Coalition. He has volunteered in the Penfield Little League and Penfield Rangers Youth Soccer Club, and was appointed to the Penfield Central Schoool District's Committee to Study Classroom Size.
Honors & Awards
- The Daily Record's Attorneys of the Year Leaders In Law Award, 2017
Bill is a native Rochesterian who has practiced law in this community since returning from Albany Law School, where he served on the editorial board of the Albany Law Review and graduated, cum laude, in 1989. In 2017, he was recognized by The Daily Record as a "Leader in Law" at the Attorneys of the Year awards.
Bill lives in Penfield with his wife and two children, and tries very hard to find time to justify his membership in the United States Triathlon Association. He has competed in over a dozen triathlons.