Full time Position: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm. Primary location Meridian Centre, Rochester NY with support to Fairport office, as needed.
Summary: Legal Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial assistance to attorneys in all aspects of general legal practice. Primary focus on Trust & Estate and Real Estate support. This position maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, together with other duties that may be assigned:
- Scheduling appointments and greeting clients.
- Draft correspondence and estate planning documents (including Powers of Attorney, Heath Care Proxys, Wills and Trusts).
- Serving as a witness to the execution of estate planning documents including advanced directives, Trusts and Wills in the Fairport office, as needed.
- Daily Obituary searches.
- Assist real estate paralegal with closing letters, check disbursements, invoicing and closing files.
- File creation and organization including copying, faxing and scanning.
- Legal support for all attorneys working in the Fairport, as needed.
- Track and input billable time into billing system.
- Prepare check requests for payment for expenses from Trust account or client advances.
- Additional tasks as requested by attorneys.
- 2-5 years legal support experience.
- New York State Notary, a must. Experience with trust and estates and/or real estate a plus.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Excellent written, verbal, proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work part of a team.
- Must be highly organized, detail orientated and have effective time management skills.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).