- Commercial and consumer bankruptcy. Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 proceedings representing both debtors and creditors;
- Commercial real estate for large and small businesses.
- Monroe County Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee Achievement Award, 2019
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® 2005-2011
- New York State Bar (1975)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1975)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- United State Supreme Court (1984)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1974)
- Syracuse University (B.S., 1971)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and Past Board of Director
Doug has been on and President of numerous not for profit boards over the years including Jewish Family Services of Rochester, Inc., Irondequoit Country Club and Helping People with Aids.
Doug is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy-related matters for professional organizations, including the Monroe County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees.
Thompson Reuters ASPATORE Contributing Editor on "Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies" 2011
Doug and his wife Karen reside in Penfield, New York.