“Be honest and transparent.”
With experience in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, commercial real estate, residential real estate, and business, I want to bring hard work and good communication to the MCCM team.
Doug has always been a straight shooter with clear communication. This is especially important when dealing with cases that have a sensitive nature, like cases in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. That’s what Doug wants for his clients - honest evaluations of their situations so they can choose what is best for them and is prepared. After graduating from Brooklyn Law, Doug wanted to practice law with his expertise. He brings his honest character to the team and makes sure to always be transparent with his clients.
- Commercial and consumer bankruptcy. Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 proceedings representing both debtors and creditors
- Commercial real estate for large and small businesses
- Experience with small business matters
- A Panel Trustee for the Western District of New York from 1980-2022
- Doug also was a sole practitioner and has been the partner in several law firms prior to joining MCCM in 2022
- Monroe County Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee Achievement Award, 2019
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers® 2005-2011
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest peer rating standard given to attorneys by Martindale-Hubbell. This rating is given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards by their peers.
- New York State Bar (1975)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1975)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- United State Supreme Court (1984)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh District (2008)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1974)
- Syracuse University (B.S., 1971)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Commerce Law League of America
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and Past Board of Director
Doug has been on and President of numerous not for profit boards over the years including Jewish Family Services of Rochester, Inc., Irondequoit Country Club and Helping People with Aids.
Doug has been a frequent speaker on bankruptcy-related matters for professional organizations, including the Monroe County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees.
Thompson Reuters ASPATORE Contributing Editor on "Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies" 2011
Doug and his wife Karen reside in Penfield, New York.