“A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. Life is not fair, but what you make of it.”
Being a senior associate means that I have the experience needed to assist clients while striving to become even more knowledgeable about not just the law, but the operation of a law firm in today’s ever-changing landscape. I can assist clients with the confidence that comes with almost 20 years of experience handling legal matters.
Mikal’s family has a deep history in law. Although he never had the opportunity to meet him, Mikal’s maternal grandfather was an attorney and later chief judge of Niagara County. Inspired by the tales of his grandfather, an immigrant who often helped clients without pay, Mikal strives to be the kind of lawyer and the kind of man that would make his grandfather proud.
Of all the services Mikal can provide, sometimes his practice comes down to listening. By focusing on clients, he is reminded of why he chose to pursue law and becomes determined to uplift and guide those seeking legal aid. This client base is wide, including individuals, companies, associations, and government entities.
With humor and practical experience working jobs unrelated to law (with 10 years in restaurants and a long history of working as an electrician) Mikal meets his clients wherever they are and establishes trust so they have confidence in him and in MCCM to guide them through their legal proceedings.
- Commercial and Consumer Bankruptcy
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
- Secured Transactions
- Title Insurance Agent
- Debt Collection and Defense
- Uncontested Divorces
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders post-divorce (QDROs)
- New York State Bar - Admitted April 2004
- WDNY - District & Bankruptcy Courts - Admitted March 2005
- NDNY - District & Bankruptcy Courts - Admitted August 2007
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D. 2003)
- Syracuse Law Review
- Technology Commercialization Law Certificate
- Canisius College of Buffalo (B.A. cum laude 2000)
- All College Honors program
- Monroe County Bar Association - Bankruptcy Committee chair since 2017
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Mike is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy related matters for professional organizations as well as financial literacy classes. He wrote an article Mitigating Future Defaults which was published in the Rochester Business Alliance Chamber News.
Mike is a native of Geneva, NY and resides in Irondequoit since 2005. He has spent his entire life across upstate New York, moving from Geneva to Buffalo to Syracuse and now Rochester. A lifelong Buffalo Bills fan, Mike was the winner of the 2014 Buffalo Bills Chicken Wing Eating Contest sponsored by VISA, featuring Cordy Glenn, Fred Jackson, Doug Legursky, Brian Moorman, Kraig Urbik and Aaron Williams. The event was hosted by former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly.