Richard has over 50 years of private legal practice, concentrating in land use, zoning, environmental real estate, wills, estate matters, and municipal law. Richard served as the Penfield Town attorney from 1982 through 2022.
Richard has received awards from the Town of Penfield, Monroe County Special Olympics, The Alumni Board of Trustees of Delta Chi Fraternity Hobart chapter, and the Penfield Republican Committee for outstanding and dedicated service.
- New York State Bar (1970)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (1970)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1978)
- Hobart College (B.A. 1966)
- Syracuse College of Law (J.D. 1969)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Member of the Town of Penfield Planning Board (1976-1978)
- Member of the Town of Penfield Conservation Board (1974-1976)
- Past Co-Chairman of the Youth Activities Committee of Temple Beth-El
- Past Member of the Board of Midrasha Community High School for Jewish Studies
- Past Member of the Penfield Rotary Club
- Past Member of the Board of the Downtown Rochester Kiwanis Club
- Past President of the Windsor Square Homeowners Association
- Past Counsel and Board Member to Monroe County Special Olympics
Richard and his significant other, Caryl Levinson, live in Penfield. Together they have 4 children and 7 grandchildren. Caryl serves as the Secretary of the Villas of East Hampton Homeowners Association. They enjoy traveling to visit their grandchildren, and spending time with friends.