Direct Dial: 585.512.3534
Main Fax: 585.546.7218
ExpertiseBankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Zoning, Land Use & Development Commercial Real Estate Construction Residential Real Estate Business Municipal & Local Government
Lou heads up the Firm’s Bankruptcy and Real Estate Practice areas. He has extensive experience in numerous areas of law, including:
- Commercial and consumer bankruptcy;
- Commercial real estate for large and small businesses;
- Commercial litigation;
- Debt collection;
- Fair credit reporting;
- Development and zoning matters; and
- Municipal governance and transactions.
We are a debt relief agency – we help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
- The Best Lawyers In America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers®’Rochester, NY Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year,” 2017
- Monroe County Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee Achievement Award, 2017
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®
- New York State Pro Bono Award, 2012
- The Daily Record Leaders in Law Award, 2012
- William E. McKnight Volunteer Service Award, 2010
- Monroe County Bar Association Academy of Law Raymond J. Pauly Award, 2000
On March 25, 2015, Lucien A. Morin, II, Esq. of Rochester, New York, was appointed by the Honorable Lewis A. Kaplan, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York, as the Receiver for Archipel Capital, LLC, BIM Management LP and its affiliates.
- New York State Bar (1975)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1975)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., 1974)
- Boston College (A.B., 1969)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Greater Rochester Association of Realtors/Bar Task Force
- Western District of New York 2020 Mediation Panel
- Past Member, Monroe County Bar Association Board of Trustees
- Past-Chair, Monroe County Bar Association Real Estate Section and Bankruptcy Committee
- Past Dean, Monroe County Bar Association Academy of Law
- Past Member, Grievance Committee for the 7th Judicial District
- Past Member, Monroe Community College Paralegal Advisory Board
Lou is a veteran of the U.S. Army and is the current Post Commander of the American Legion Brooks-Shepard Post 765 in Fairport. He is actively involved with the Perinton-Fairport Chapter of Dollars for Scholars, where he served as a founding Board Member and continues to act as an advisor. In 2001, Lou received the Chapter’s Certificate of Honor for Service to the Community. As a dog lover, Lou also has served as Parliamentarian for the Old English Sheep Club of America.
Lou is a frequent speaker on ethics, real estate and bankruptcy-related matters for professional organizations, including the Monroe County Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Volunteer Legal Services Project, and the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors.
Lou and his wife currently reside in Fairport, New York with their Old English Sheepdog Shagshadow's Always Chasing Rainbows (Ivy).