Peter focuses his practice on a broad spectrum of civil litigation matters. He represents individuals, businesses and other organizations in all phases of litigation before state and federal courts, from pre-suit investigation and arbitration, through discovery and trial. His personal injury experience includes:
- advising clients who have been injured or lost loved ones in accidents caused by the carelessness or recklessness of others,
- premises liability issues,
- motor vehicle accident disputes, and
- products liability cases.
Peter regularly handles collections and complex commercial litigation, and collaborates with colleagues on advising start-ups, small and mid-sized businesses. He also advises on real estate matters including purchase and sale transactions, financing, leasing, and related disputes.
Honors & Awards
- Peter is currently on a seven-year streak, having been named a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" every year beginning in 2013. Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Fewer than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in New York each year are given this honor.
- Admitted to practice for only two years at the time, Peter was honored among The Daily Record's 2013 Up & Coming Attorneys. The Up & Coming Attorneys award recognizes professional accomplishment, community service, and a strong commitment to the legal profession early in an attorney’s career.
- New York State Bar (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (2011)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (2012)
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., 2010)
- Hobart College (B.A., with Honors, 2007)
- Monroe County Bar Association: Litigation Section
- New York State Bar Association: Trial Lawyers Section
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Small Business Council of Rochester
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
Peter served as a member of the Board of Trustees and as President of the Alumni Association Board of Allendale Columbia School, a leading independent, co-ed, college prep school for students in nursery through grade 12. He is also a member of the Advisory Board for the School's Summer LEAP program, a partnership with School 17 of the Rochester City School District. The initiative provides low-income students entering first through fourth grade with quality summer learning opportunities, aimed at raising reading and math grades and increasing graduation rates.
Peter is a former member of the Board of Trustees for Quad A for Kids, an organization that offers programs for the City of Rochester's youth outside of school hours in a safe environment with caring adults. He is a member of Rochester Young Professionals where he focuses on professional development and served on the Planning Committee for RocCity Rising. Peter also regularly volunteers with community organizations such as Foodlink, and he was selected as a Varsity Volunteer by Camp Good Days & Special Times.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
Peter regularly lectures on the topics of mediation and alternative dispute resolution at a Management and Behavior in Organizations class for the Nazareth College School of Management graduate program.
A native of Webster, Peter graduated with Honors from Hobart College where he earned a degree in political science. He went on to graduate from Albany Law School, where he clerked for a well-respected personal injury firm located in New York's Capital District. He currently resides in Pittsford. Away from the office, Peter enjoys spending time with his wife, Kaleigh, and their daughter, Charlotte. He remains an eternal optimist for the Buffalo Bills.