Dan focuses on assisting individuals and families to transfer, preserve, and distribute their assets in accordance with their wishes. His practice includes:
- estate planning,
- estate administration,
- drafting wills, trusts, health care proxies and durable powers of attorney,
- related Elder Law matters such as planning for nursing home costs and Medicaid eligibility, and
- estate litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan advocated for victims of various crimes as an Assistant District Attorney at the Monroe County District Attorney's Office.
- Named to Upstate New York Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” List
- The Daily Record's Excellence in Law Up & Coming Attorneys Award, 2017
- New York State Bar (2010)
- University of Iowa College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Roger Williams University (M.S., 2007)
- University of Rochester (B.A., 2004)
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Rochester
- Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly (GRAPE)
- Professional Eldercare Network (PEN)
- Habitat for Humanity Leaders Build Committee
- Al Sigl Sports Committee
- Perinton Chamber of Commerce Board Member
Dan regularly speaks at healthcare facilities regarding estate planning and elder law.
Dan is a native of Rochester, having graduated from Pittsford Sutherland High School and the U of R. Dan, his wife Stephanie, and their children Conor, Chase and Rae live in Pittsford with their basset hound. As an All American tennis player at the U of R, Dan enjoys playing as much tennis in the summer, paddle tennis in the winter, and running in as many road races, as possible. The Williford family is from Schroon Lake, located in the Adirondack Mountains, where Dan enjoys hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing.