Joe has been with the firm since 2004 and has over 49 years of experience. He advises clients across Western New York who are planning for the distribution of their assets in accordance with their wishes or who require legal assistance in all areas of:
- estate and trust planning and administration;
- business succession planning for closely held and family-owned enterprises;
- general corporate matters including asset sales and purchases, entity formation and dissolution;
- commercial and residential real estate transfers and leasing; and
- land use development, finance and municipal matters.
- New York State Bar (1968)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- U.S. Tax Court (1975)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1976)
- State University of New York at Buffalo (J.D., 1968)
- LeMoyne College (B.S., 1965)
- McQuaid Jesuit High School (1961)
Joe is a member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association's Trusts and Estates Section. He has served as an arbitrator for the Monroe County Bar Association, on the Bar Association's Judiciary Committee, and as Chairperson of the Monroe County Board of Ethics.
Joe and his wife, Maryann, live in Penfield and have two grown children and three grandchildren. Maryann, a nurse by education and training, is a hospice volunteer at The Shepherd Home in Penfield. Their daughter, Bridget, is a pediatric nurse practitioner in Rochester and their son, Joe, serves as the Commonwealth's Attorney in Charlottesville, Virginia. Joe enjoys spending time at his camp on the St. Lawrence River and with his grandchildren in Virginia and Rochester.