- New York State
- University of Iowa College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Roger Williams University (M.S., 2007)
- University of Rochester (B.A., 2004)
Dan focuses on assisting individuals and families to transfer, preserve, and distribute their assets in accordance with their wishes. His practice includes estate planning and administration, drafting wills, trusts, health care proxies and durable powers of attorney, as well as related Elder Law areas such as planning for nursing home costs and Medicaid eligibility.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan completed an LL.M from the University of Iowa College of Law. Prior to attending the University of Iowa, Dan advocated for victims of various crimes as an Assistant District Attorney at the Monroe County District Attorney's Office.
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Rochester
- Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly (GRAPE)
- Professional Eldercare Network (PEN)
Dan is a native of Rochester, having graduated from Pittsford Sutherland High School and the U of R. Dan, his wife Stephanie, and his son Conor live in Fairport with their bulldog, basset hound, and two cats. As an All American tennis player at the U of R, Dan still enjoys playing as much tennis in the summer and paddle tennis in the winter as possible. The Williford family is from Schroon Lake, located in the Adirondack Mountains, where Dan enjoys hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing. Dan and his wife ran the Rochester Marathon in 2014 and are looking to complete more races in the future.
- Habitat for Humanity Leaders Build Committee
- Al Sigl Sports Committee
- Alzheimer's Association Marketing and Development Committee