- New York State Bar (1975)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1975)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1975)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., 1974)
- Boston College (A.B., 1969)
Mr. Morin heads up the Firm’s Bankruptcy and Real Estate Practice areas.
We are a debt relief agency – we help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Mr. Morin was recognized by the New York State Bar Association for his pro bono work and received the NYSBA 2012 Pro Bono Service Award for the Seventh Judicial District. He has been named a New York Super Lawyer, honored among outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Mr. Morin has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ®2013 (copyright 2012 by Wooward/White, Inc. Aiken, SC) in the area of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights.Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Mr. Morin has been named one of the Daily Record's 2012 Leaders in Law. The Daily Record’s Leaders in Law Award recipients are dedicated to their profession and show a selfless and tireless commitment to volunteer efforts or pro bono work, in addition to the outstanding achievements within their practice.
Mr. Morin has lectured for the Monroe County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, the Volunteer Legal Services Project, Greater Rochester Association of Realtors and National Business Institute on ethics, real estate and bankruptcy related matters.
Monroe County Bar Association
- Past member of the MCBA Board of Trustees
- Past-chair of the MCBA Real Estate Section and the MCBA Bankruptcy Committee
- Past Dean of the MCBA's Academy of Law, and recipient of the 2000 Raymond J. Pauly Award in recognition of his work with the Academy
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
American Bankruptcy Institute
National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
- Serves as a member on the GRAR Realtor/Bar Task Force
- He was a recipient of the 1998 GRAR Honor Society Award
Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Received the 2010 William E. McKnight Volunteer Service Award
Mr. Morin served in the U.S. Army from 1970-72. Morin is a member of the American Legion Brooks-Shepard Post 765 in Fairport, New York, and currently serves as the Post's Commander.
Perinton-Fairport Dollars for Scholars
- One of the founding Board Members and continues to act an as an advisor to the Chapter
- Recognized by Dollars for Scholars in 2001, recieving the Chapter's Certificate of Honor for Service to the Community